The Best Way To Get Rid Of Conroe Hornets
June 30, 2022
While they may not be as common as some of the other pests we deal with, Hornets can be just as dangerous. They're renowned for their aggressive behavior and tendency to sting humans, which can be pretty painful. If you're allergic, a hornet's sting can be life-threatening. Attempting to get rid of them by yourself isn't only risky but ineffective.
That's why it's always best to call a professional Conroe Pest Control company to get rid of them for you. They have the experience and expertise necessary for safe and effective wasp removal.
Is This A Hornet?
There are several types of wasps, including Hornets. While they may look similar, some key differences can help you determine if you're dealing with a hornet.
- Coloration: Hornets vary in color but usually have yellow markings on their heads and abdomens. They also often appear darker than other wasps that may be found around your home or yard.
- Behavior: Hornets' behavior sets them apart from other wasps. They tend to be much more aggressive, especially when provoked or threatened.
- Nesting Habits: Hornets prefer to make their nests in trees and on the exterior walls of homes (like under eaves). Other species may nest underground or even inside your home.
- Body appearance: Hornets have a robust and elongated body with a more pronounced head than other wasps. Their stinger is smoother and more needle-like allowing for more painful stings.
If you're unsure whether or not you're dealing with hornets, it's best to contact a professional pest control company for assistance. They can help with wasp identification and develop a plan for eliminating them from your property.
Ways To Deter Hornets In Conroe
Wasp prevention is the best method for keeping hornets away from your Conroe home. Although it may seem complicated, there are a few things you can do to help deter them:
- Close up entry points as they enter homes through cracks and crevices around doors, windows, and other areas of their exterior walls
- Keep your yard clean by removing food and water sources like trash cans and pet bowls—hornets are drawn to these things
- Protect the exterior of your home with a pest control barrier that helps keep hornets away from and prevents nesting
- Plant hornet repelling plants, such as mint and eucalyptus
- Seal your garbage bins and recycling bins tightly
If you have an existing Hornet nest on your property, contact a wasp nest removal in Conroe. They can safely remove the nest without harming any of the Hornets.
Where Is The Hornets Nest On My Property?
Hornets are social insects, which means they live together in large groups. They build their nests from a paper-like material created from plant fibers and saliva. Hornets will often reuse an old nest multiple times by adding on to it as their population grows.
Here are some of the places you might find hornets nesting on your property:
- Hornets usually nest in trees and shrubs. They may take over a bird's nest or find refuge under the bark of dead wood.
- Hornets will also nest in the eaves of homes, under porch ceilings and overhangs, or even on the side of buildings.
- They may be found underground if they've taken over an abandoned animal burrow or a hole in your lawn.
- Hornets can even build their nests inside attics and wall voids of homes if there's an opening.
The best way to get rid of wasps in Conroe is to locate and remove their nest. A professional pest control company can help you do this safely and effectively.
Professional Pest Control To Help With Hornets
If you're having trouble with hornets and would like to discuss your options for getting rid of them, don't hesitate to get in touch with Chase Pest Control. Our trained and licensed technicians are experienced in handling stinging insects safely and effectively, so call us today to schedule an appointment for a free estimate on our home pest control or commercial pest control services.