The Secret To Effective Rodent Control For Conroe Homes
November 15, 2021
Rodents might seem cute, especially when you see them from far away. However, they aren’t so adorable when they invade Conroe homes. While some people keep rodents as pets, having wild species around your property can lead to many problems, including property damage and health risks. Rodents, specifically mice and rats, are some of the most common home-invading pests around – and they are also highly invasive.
Mice and rats have become rather dependent on humans, meaning they are well-adjusted to living alongside us and even more difficult to control. Keep reading to discover how to keep rodents out of your Conroe home for good.
What Do Rodents Look Like?
Mice and rats are sometimes mistaken for one another, but you can tell them apart by looking for some of the following characteristics:
- Mice are smaller in length at only five inches long, including their tails. However, rats can measure up to 15 inches long.
- A rat has a blunt face while a mouse’s face is more triangular.
- Mice have longer, thinner tails, while rat tails are thicker and hairless.
- Rats can range in color from brown-grey to black. However, mice are always brownish-grey.
Although less problematic, squirrels can also get around Conroe properties and cause similar issues as mice and rats.
Why Rodents Are So Common
Because rodents have a long history of human dependency, they are difficult to deter. Additionally, rodents can fit through extremely small holes. Mice can squeeze through dime-sized openings, while rats can fit through quarter-sized spaces. Rodents can also survive on many food items, make nests throughout buildings, and chew through different materials like drywall, wood, plastic, and more. As a result, they often find new ways indoors, destroying personal belongings and property, such as electrical wires and plumbing.
Rodents are more than just a nuisance. They can spread diseases like hantavirus and rat-bite fever and bring parasites such as ticks and fleas into Conroe homes. Additionally, their fur, urine, and feces can lead to many human respiratory problems.
Six Ways to Prevent Future Rodent Infestations
While the best way to deter future rodents is with help from professionals, you can take some steps to make your Conroe home less appealing to these pests.
Here are five effective measures to get you started:
- Make sure all garbage cans have tightly fitted lids.
- Ensure your kitchen remains clean by wiping up food and drink spills immediately.
- Verify all crawl spaces and absences are properly ventilated. Use dehumidifiers to reduce excess humidity.
- Remove clutter from around your Conroe home and yard.
- Reduce entry points by repairing holes in walls and the home’s foundation with steel wool and wire mesh.
What’s the Safest Way to Remove Rodents in Conroe Homes?
Once indoors, rodents can multiply quickly while evading humans, making it challenging for Conroe homeowners to gain control of the infestation.
The simplest and most effective way to remove rodents in Conroe homes is with professional pest assistance from Chase Pest Control & Lawn Care. Our technicians can eradicate any existing rodent infestations and work with you to find a rodent control plan to fit your needs. Get started today and request a quote by giving us a call.