10 Prevention Tips For House Mouse Control In Conroe
January 15, 2022
Spotting a house mouse in or around your home is a big problem. Not only might there be a serious infestation nearby, but your property could be sustaining some damage unseen by the naked eye.
If you haven't seen a mouse in Conroe before, you should keep your eyes peeled for the following physical characteristics:
- Small, furry rodents between three and four inches long
- Pink tails that are short and fuzzy
- Large ears, dark eyes, and long whiskers
- White underbellies
- Distinctive pointed snouts
The average house mouse is a lot more dangerous than most people give it credit for. Find out why these common invaders are so dreaded in Conroe and beyond.
All The Dangerous Of Conroe Mouse Infestations
The dangers and damages posed by mouse infestations are threefold. First, rodents possess the inherent ability to bite or scratch those nearby. Although they may not resort to violence as a primary tactic, they can and will attack when cornered. Second, rodents contaminate your home by spreading pathogens through food, water, and meal prep services. Finally, rodents chew through electrical wires, drywall, insulation, and other materials, which may pose a significant fire hazard to homes and businesses.
A mouse infestation is something to be feared and avoided. However, these pests are much more difficult to remove than most people believe. Mice can fit through extremely tiny holes, sometimes as small as a nickel. Because of this, actionable mouse prevention tips are essential for maintaining a rodent-free household.
10 Of The Best Mouse Prevention Tips
Take a closer look at ten of the best, safest, and most efficient mouse prevention tips for Conroe home and business owners:
- Store food in its proper containers, particularly glass and plastic.
- Ensure trash is kept in an airtight bin lined with solid plastic wrap.
- Seal off potential entry points with materials that mice cannot chew through.
- Add a chimney cap to any live stacks, and keep an eye on slipping shingles or entry points.
- Turn the compost pile frequently.
- Trim away vegetation from the sides of the home.
- Add weatherstripping and kick plates to doors and windows.
- Manage household moisture with a dehumidifier or another desiccant solution.
- Eliminate the possibility of mouse breeding frenzies by removing clutter.
- Get annual mouse inspection services from the team at Chase Pest Control.
Submit an online contact form to Chase Pest Control to receive your first inspection service today.
How Chase Pest Control Eliminates Mice
Once rodents like house mice find a way to break into your home, it will become almost impossible to get them back out again. If you have been faced with a mouse infestation, not all is lost. If you are willing to work with a professional rodent control agency, they may remove mice from your home within a few weeks or less.
Immediately contact the professionals at Chase Pest Control to receive your preliminary instructions directly. Our team is standing by with the tips, tools, and talent you need to eliminate mice fast.